I have a tried and true brownie recipe that calls for raspberry preserves (post coming soon for that one). On Sunday night I had planned to make the tried and true for a birthday dessert for my co-workers. After realizing I was lacking the supplies I scrambled to come up with a new treat. Much to my delight, I think I stumbled upon a keeper with these Raspberry Chocolate Bars.
For me, raspberry is also perfect for Valentine’s Day. So if you’re looking to bake for your sweetie, this is pretty easy and sure to impress. Dealbreaker: Not being impressed when someone bakes for you.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup raspberry preserves
1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400. Spray 8 x 8 inch dish with cooking spray.
- Stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in large bowl. Mix in butter until mixture becomes like coarse crumbs.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Save 1/2 cup of dough for topping. Spread remaining into the prepared pad. Evenly spread the preserves over the dough and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Drop saved dough by teaspoons over chips.
- Bake 25-30 minutes (until golden). Cool completely, cut and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Hershey’s Classic Recipes.