For me, nothing says summer like throwing some delicious zucchini in almost every meal I can. Zucchini Bread was a staple in our house growing up. My mom has it down to an art and now I’m going to share it with you!
Connie’s Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loaves
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup applesauce (you could also skip the oil and just do 1 cup applesauce)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray two loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. Grate zucchini.
3. In a large bowl whisk eggs and mix in vegetable oil, applesauce, lemon juice and vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Pour in zucchini and mix.
4. Divide batter in loaf plans and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of batter.
5. Bake one hour.
Another one of my favorite ways to enjoy this summer veggie is Zucchini Sticks. I’ve been known to make these every single day. They’re fast, easy and I always have the needed ingredients.
Tried and True Zucchini Sticks
1 large zucchini
1/4 cup grated parm
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 425 and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Cut zucchini in to strips.
3. Combine cheese and bread crumbs in a bowl. Mix egg in another bowl.
4. Coat each stick first with the egg and then roll into bread crumb/cheese mixture, place on cookie sheet.
5. Lightly spray cooking oil over the sticks and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Easily adjustable recipe if you want to make these for a crowd, just create a larger bread crumb and cheese mixture.
For months I was pinning new zucchini recipes to try this summer and these are my favorites so far:
Do you have any favorite zucchini recipes? What foods do you look forward to in the summer?