It’s fall and if you live in Columbus it’s better known as Buckeye football season. This city lives for this time of year. Football season also brings an excuse to eat fantastic snacks. Our claim to dessert fame is the buckeye, a chocolate and peanut butter treat that resembles the nut. Just as tasty and way easier are Buckeye Bars. I’ve made these for years and they’re one of my most requested treats.
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cup powered sugar
1 bag chocolate chips (I use cacao 60%)
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Soften in microwave and mix together peanut butter and butter.
2. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and powered sugar. Mix well.
3. Pat mixture into bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
4. On low heat, melt chocolate chips and stir in oil.
5. Pour over crust and refrigerate for several hours.
6. Cut into bars and enjoy!