Last year I made Nutella Swirl Cupcakes and since then I’ve wanted to try a chocolate and peanut butter version. A fall birthday was the perfect occasion to try these out. This is an easy recipe, especially if you use a cake mix. (I won’t tell.) I should have done a better job taking photos of the process, but I promise it’s simple.
Your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe (grab a mix and take it easy)
1/2 cup peanut butter
- Line cupcake tray with liners and preheat oven according to your chocolate cake recipe
- Fill each with 1/3 full with batter
- Soften peanut butter for 10-20 seconds in a ceramic dish
- Spoon a nickel-sized amount of peanut butter on top of the batter
- Swirl with a toothpick
- Repeat each layer one more time
- Bake according to your chocolate cake recipe
I added chocolate frosting, but these are great on their own as well! What other combos do you think would be good for the swirl technique?